It can be a little difficult to open up and revel tiny packets about yourself. And starting this blog definitely took some courage.
I’m shy by nature so you’ll usually find me on the sidelines, keenly listening in, however not really saying very much. I find it somewhat of a challenge to open myself up, especially over the internet to people I don’t know!
I thought the best way to ease myself into it, and to allow you all to get to know me a little bit better, was to share some random facts about me. So, here it goes:
1. Let’s get straight to the general stuff. I’m 30 years old, married to my love Ed, and together we have two sweet little girls. My ethnicity is Maltese. I live in the northern suburbs of Melbourne (in fact, I’ve lived in the same suburb my entire life!).
2. I am a 100% true introvert (I guess this ties in with my shyness). I prefer quiet environments, with only a handful of people. Otherwise I feel completely overwhelmed. And I LOVE to be at home. I couldn’t think of a better day!
Thankfully, my husband and I are very similar in this regard. After a long day, we
both love to sit next to each other and enjoy some quiet time.
3. There are 236 episodes of Friends and I have watched each one a billion times. ‘PIVOTTTTTTT!!!!’
4. I have had a few different career changes since finishing high school. I originally studied IT and began working as an IT Systems Administrator. I then moved on to a Bachelor of Business (majoring in Property and Marketing) and commenced my career as a Property Valuer. And now, I have taken the plunge and decided to work for myself as a Freelance Copywriter and Resume Writer.
5. I am a stationery addict. There are literally shelves and shelves full of diaries, notebooks, folders, pens, pencils, stickers, coloured paper… The list goes on and on. And no, I don’t use even 10% of it!!
6. I love to read, learn and expand my knowledge on anything and everything.
7. I am at the library, a lot. At the moment I have about 10 books checked out, all of which are about cooking.
8. Which brings me to the next fact… I love to cook. I love to create. And I love to eat!
9. I like to travel; however, I don’t love it. By about day 7 or 8, I am so completely homesick that I struggle to enjoy the rest of the trip. No European travels for me sadly!
10. My husband Ed and I have been together for 9 years and married for 6 of those! He is my absolute best friend. I ALWAYS get the comment, ‘You’re so lucky to be with him.’ (*insert eyeroll* LOL). To which he always responds, ‘No, I’m the lucky one.’ Nawwwwwwwww.
I hope that gives you a little more insight into the person behind By Lara Dee. I’d love to know a fun little fact about you so please leave me a comment!