Ahhh hummus. Is there any better dip? It pairs perfectly with so many things… veggie sticks, crackers, rice cakes, macro bowls or just on its own. I used to buy endless 1kg tubs that would see us through the fortnight. But with store-bought hummus containing preservatives, I really wanted to make my own.
It took me a little while to get the right mix of ingredients. But hubby and I both agreed that this variation is 100% perfect. It takes all of 5 minutes to whip it up and it’s soooo much cheaper to do it yourself.
P.S I cannot stress the importance of using a very small clove of garlic!! #garlicbreath
- 1 small garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon hulled tahini
- ½ - 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt, to taste
- Add all of the ingredients into a high-powered blender or food processor and blend for 1 minute. Scrape down bowl and blend for another 1 minute or until desired consistency is achieved. Add extra water (by the tablespoon) to achieve a super creamy texture.
Method — Thermomix
- Place garlic into Thermomix mixing bowl and chop, 3 seconds/speed 7. Scrape down bowl and repeat, 3 seconds/speed 7.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix, 1 minute/speed 6. Scrape down bowl and repeat, 1 minute/speed 6 or until desired consistency is achieved. Add extra water (by the tablespoon) to achieve a super creamy texture.
Have you made this recipe?
I’d love to know how it turned out for you! Please leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #bylaradee.