I don’t usually venture too far from the traditional Greek Salad – cucumbers, tomatoes and FETA are one of my favourite combinations. There are certain dishes however, such as seafood, which I love to serve with another type of salad. Bean Salad!
It is refreshing, light and full of beautiful lemon flavour, making it the perfect accompaniment to seafood. Not only is it quick and easy to make, it can also be made ahead of time.
I hope you enjoy it!
Leftovers:The leftovers make for a delicious lunch the next day. Simply top the salad with some protein – I personally love it with tuna.
Child Friendly: For your child’s portion, do not add the spring onion or parsley. These ingredients can be overpowering for their palate.
Serve Size: 5 (as a side)
- 2 cans four bean mix, drained and rinsed well
- 1 carrot, grated
- ¾ cup frozen corn kernels (alternatively, use canned corn)
- 5 spring onions, finely chopped (white bulb and green tops)
- 2 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped (fresh)
- 1 lemon, squeezed (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Olive oil (to taste)
- Cook corn kernels, as per package instructions. Allow to cool.
- Add beans, carrot, corn kernels, spring onion and parsley to a bowl and mix well.
- Add lemon juice, salt and olive oil to the bowl and mix well.
- Best served chilled.