What better way to use up all those beautiful fresh zucchinis overpopulating your garden!
Cheap, tasty, healthy and quick… The 4 words that best describe zucchini fritters. They can be made ahead of time, served for breakfast, lunch or dinner and any leftovers can be added to the school lunchbox. This really is the ideal meal to regularly schedule into your meal plan!
- 3 Zucchinis, grated (medium to large)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup wholemeal flour (or almond meal)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the grated zucchini in a clean tea towel and sprinkle with salt. Leave to stand for 10 minutes. Squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible (the more liquid you squeeze out, the firmer the fritters will be). Transfer to a bowl.
- Add in onion, garlic, corn, eggs, flour, cumin, coriander, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Drop 1 - 2 heaped tablespoons of the mixture in batches. Use a spatula to gently press the fritter to flatten.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining mixture.
Have you made this recipe?
I’d love to know how it turned out for you! Please leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #bylaradee.